Ads

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Telemarketing Scam - Calls from 954-800-4324 and 954-800-4325

I have resorted to publishing a blog on this particular entity because I haven't been able to stop them from telemarketing me. My number is on the National No Call Registry (http://www.donotcall.gov), but this company simply doesn't care.

This company is different from other telemarketers in the sense that they target only Spanish speaking people, they are searching for the most vulnerable to pull their scam on them. Fortunately, I speak Spanish very well so I went along with their pitch the last time they called me after being hung up on several times after telling them my number was on the Do Not Call List. What makes their technical operation particularly irritating is that they resort to spoofing their caller id, meaning they use someone else's number to appear on your caller id. So if you call the number back, you get the actual owner of the number but not them. However, I was able to extract the main number they answer by pretending to fall for their scam. The number is 954-800-4324.

Operation

They basically tell people they have won $2,500 dollars and an English Language course by Don Francisco from Univision (a popular celebrity in the Spanish speaking community in America).  They say that everything one has "won" is free but a State Tax is due and has to be paid by way of money order when they send their welcome package. In my case, they said they would send it thru FedEx and instructed me to write the money order to 4ULIFE, which I assume is a fly by night company set up to collect money and run before dealing with Litigation.

How to Fight Them
 
The first thing I did was to report them to the FTC at https://complaints.donotcall.gov/complaint. But since I am dealing with scammers who do ignore the Do Not Call Registry and are out to rob the vulnerable, what I did was give them a false name and address for them to ship their package. By doing this, this company incurs a cost of about $50. In addition, I noticed that my fake name was inputted into their database since when I called back, they were able to identify me by the fake name I gave them. So their robocall system will not dial my number in the future since it will assume I am a customer already. If anything, they might call to harass me but I noticed they use their main line 954-800-4324 for official calls, so I can block that on my phone. Theoretically, they could use one of their ghost numbers but I think those numbers are being used by their robocall system exclusively and like I said earlier, that system should have me in its "do not call list".

Additional Ways to Fight Them

If you are in Florida, it would be very easy to sue them since one is entitled to $1,500 per call violation once your number is in the do not call list. You call take them to small claims and most likely win, the problem however will be collecting. I think the ultimate entity to come down on them and put them in prison is the Federal Trade Commision.

Additional Information

This is the information I have found on the web on this company, in case you are in a position to sue them.

Florida Limited Liability Company
4ULIFE, LLC.
Filing Information
Document Number
L14000090604
FEI/EIN Number
NONE

Date Filed
06/05/2014

State
FL

Status
ACTIVE

Effective Date
06/05/2014

Principal Address
8601 NW 27TH STREET
SUITE 051-513489
DORAL, FL 33122

Mailing Address
8601 NW 27TH STREET
SUITE 051-513489
DORAL, FL 33122

Registered Agent Name & Address
GARCIA, MARIA A
5112 NW 79TH AVENUE
APT. 305
DORAL, FL 33166

Authorized Person(s) Detail
Name & Address

Title MGRM
GARCIA, MARIA A
5112 NW 79TH AVENUE. APT. 305
DORAL, FL 33166

Serve Maria Garcia at her 5112 NW 79th Ave address.  She is the registered agent and MUST accept service of process (the documents you serve someone when you are suing them).

Article on similar operation, which makes me wonder if its the same people?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/victim-of-telemarketing-scam-shares-story/25396716


2 comments:

  1. Hey, Great job on that search.
    I did a deep search on them myself and was able to find the same information. Had to pretend on several occasions to be interested in order to get some good information from them.
    I am a Surety Agent (Bounty Hunter) in Miami and many resources in order to track people down. I got her name and ii ran her but Waayyy to many women in miami with her name. I ran all the address i found for them to find out if he was reporting (Listed under address) there, but she does not report in any of them which means without a date of birth or social, Its almost impossible to find her.
    Also, they use a 954 number his is broward county but their office shows to be in doral which is located in dade county.
    Also, Judging by there Spanish dialect they seem south American (possibly Mexican). Doral is in Miami which is a very populated Hispanic area however most and almost all of them are Cuban which makes me think they are report here in Miami but they are probably in the west coast (Cali) but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete