Ads

Friday, August 22, 2014

4ULIFE Called me 28 times today!







































Per my post yesterday, I pretended to be interested in 4ULIFE's offer of a free English language course and $2,500 that I "won". So they went ahead and sent a Fedex package COD, expecting to collect $129 in a Money Order made to 4ULIFE. I gave them the wrong address and a fake name and as you can see, their system took me off their robocall system that used spoofing to avoid being detected and now my number is in their "customer" database. The numbers that called me today are their real numbers and these are:

954-800-4324
954-800-4325
954-800-4326
954-800-4327
305-908-1685
305-704-9058

If you looks at the screen capture from the calls I did not answer on my phone, you can see there are 22 times they called me just on this screen. In total, they called me 28 times but I can't even fit the entire history on my phone screen. The reason for their call was to make sure I had a money order ready for the Fedex COD shipment. Towards the end of the day, I called them and spoke to them to extract more information so I can file a very detailed complaint to the FTC. I will be posting the address they told me and a recording of their threats for everyone to hear.

I am not sure what country the owner of that operation is from but it seems like they don't understand the legal consequences of using caller id spoofing and harassment to defraud the public. Below is a statement from the FCC:

FCC Rules

  • Prohibit any person or entity from transmitting misleading or inaccurate caller ID information with the intent to defraud, cause harm, or wrongfully obtain anything of value.
  • Subject violators to a penalty of up to $10,000 for each violation of the rules.
  • Exempt authorized activities by law enforcement agencies and situations where courts have authorized caller ID manipulation to occur.
http://www.fcc.gov/guides/caller-id-and-spoofing

These people must have spoofed their calls to me to scam me at least 100 times in the last couple of months. So I could technically sue them for $1,000,000! LOL.. And I would totally sue if I knew I was going to collect, but I highly doubt an individual can make them pay. This is why I am hoping the FTC will come down on them, forfeit their assets, and maybe them a class action lawsuit can be filed to collect damages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment